Monday, October 17, 2011

Trying to F.R.O.G.

So, last weekend, I had some abdominal pain for a few days, and I thought it was just gas.  It was annoying, but nothing horrible.

Then this past Saturday morning, I was woken up at 2:30 am with pain again.  Thinking it was just gas again, I tried to tough it out.  And it got worse, and worse and worse.  And then I got sick with this nasty yellow junk.  So I called the sitter and asked her to come over until the boys woke up and I headed to the er.

They got me right in and within 20 minutes I had an IV in my arm, anti nausea meds, acid blocker meds and a narcotic for pain.  I was as comfortable as they could get me, and we had to wait for ultrasound.  

I finally went to ultrasound and the diagnosis was clear...it was my gallbladder.  

Since the attack was subsiding, they decided that it would be better to schedule surgery.  I left with a script for lortab and directions for a low fat bland diet.

And I have to admit, I'm terrified.  I think it would have been better for my mental health if I had the surgery on Saturday.  I keep thinking and thinking and thinking about it.  At church yesterday, I prayed with the Pastor for my health and safety and for the doctors and I'm trying to Fully Rely On God, but man oh man it's hard.  I know that as far as surgery goes, it's a common one and fairly simple.  But I haven't had general anestesia since I was 4 when my appendix came out.  I have no idea what to expect.

I have friends who have gone through this, including one that had it a few weeks ago, but for the most part it's been emergency surgeries.  And I know I'm probaby over thinking this.  I should just put it in God's hands and be at peace.  And I want that.  But, I'm. Terrified.

Anyways I meet with the surgeon this afternoon.  Scared, but I know I need to do it.

So here's to FROG.  I'm trying the best I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment