Thursday, March 22, 2012

Oh Yum.

So a friend of mine turned me on to Aden + Anais before Baby Goober was born.  They have the coolest swaddle blankets.  They are nice and big and made out of muslin and were perfect for wrapping a brand new Baby Goober during the heat of the summer last year.  We swaddled with them, used them to cover the couch or floor when we put him down, used them as a cover in the stroller... We still use them, even though he outgrew being swaddled months ago.  Then I saw on Facebook they were coming out with a new line of skincare mum + bub.  They had a webcast and the first 50 to RSVP got to try them out.  And we were one of the first 50! 

Anyways, I was so excited when I opened a random box on my porch (I had totally forgotten that they were coming!) and found this: 
Squee!  We got a lotion, a hair and body wash and a soothing ointment.

I immediately opened up the ointment and put some on my chapped lips...bliss!
It smells yummy and it works!  I've also used it on Cute Boy's lips...he's a bottom lip sucker...and he loves it too.  A little bit goes a long way.  I haven't used it on Baby Goober yet-but *knockonwood* he hasn't had diaper rash in a long time.  It says on the jar that it "works wonders on diaper rash, cuts, windburned, cracked or chafed skin, insect bites, chapped lips and more"  Ohhhh...I'll have to try it on Sweet Boy's skeeter big bites when he comes home from his dad's.  I'll let you know how he likes it.

Then there's the lotion and the hair and body wash.
These we have used on all the goobers.  We haven't had any issues with "THERE'S SOAP IN MY EYES" from Cute Boy...which would happen even when we used Johnson and Johnson.  The big boys and Baby Goober haven't noticed any difference.  Again, soap wise, a little goes a long way.  It takes less than quarter sized dollop to do Baby Goober whole body and hair.  It's nice and sudsy which Sweet Nut and Cute Boy like.  Their only complaint is that Lightning McQueen isn't on the bottle.  But they'll live.  I actually haven't tried the hair and body wash on myself yet...I have issues with leaving my shampoo behind-it's one of the few that doesn't make my curly hair a rats nest-but I'll get up the guts to try it.

The lotion, all of us have used.  Even the Chef.  And we all love it.  And Cute Boy hasn't had any issues breaking out with it-we have to be careful with him sometimes.

Anyways, here's the DL on mum + bub.  It has pawpaw fruit in it.  And it smells like Australian Sandalwood. The pawpaw fruit apparently is known for its soothing and hydrating qualities.  I'm taking their word for it because mum + bub works for our family.  

They have also recently come out with crib sheets.  We're definitely getting some of those for Baby Goober.  And stocking up on blankets.  Since his brothers steal blankets if you're not physically holding them :D


Disclaimer:  All opinions in this post are my own.  I did receive a set of mum + bub as part of the webcast promotion.  And I really do love them.  I was not asked to write this blog post, but I wanted to share the awesomeness with you.  And I really think you should get some mum + bub even if you don't have a baby.


No comments:

Post a Comment